If you love to eat dark chocolate but want to stay healthy, there are several ways to feed your sweet tooth and be healthy at the same time. You can add custom chocolate to apples, avocado fruit, strawberries, and even tofu for delicious and wholesome desserts and salads. Before you turn down your next box of custom-made dark chocolate, try these sweet and healthy meal ideas below.
Avocado and Sweetened Dark Chocolate Smoothies
Avocado fruit goes well with many things, including sweetened dark chocolate. Avocados contain various vitamins and minerals that make your body strong, including vitamin E, vitamin D and magnesium. Vitamin E promotes healthy skin and cell growth, while vitamin D and magnesium keep your teeth, muscles and bones strong.
Dark chocolate is an excellent way to get extra calcium and flavonoids into your diet. Flavonoids protect your heart, blood vessels and cells by removing free radicals from your blood. If you have a family history of heart disease, dark chocolate may benefit you.
Here's how you make your avocado and dark chocolate smoothie:
- Purchase and slice 1 large avocado into thick chunks. Choose a ripe avocado to make your preparations easier.
- Cut 5-10 pieces of sweetened dark chocolate into small pieces. The more chocolate you use, the richer your smoothie will be.
- Fill the blender with 2 cups of fat free milk.
- Add 2 tablespoons of plain Greek yogurt to the blender. Greek yogurt gives the smoothie a creamier texture.
- Add your avocado chunks and chocolate to the blender, then mix the contents together for 2 minutes or until creamy.
If you want add more flavor to your smoothie, place 1 teaspoonful of honey to the mixture. Pour the smoothie into a tall glass, then top with fresh mint sprigs for taste. Place the rest of your smoothie mixture into the freezer for 15-20 minutes to make it extra cold, then store it in the refrigerator overnight. You should consume the rest of the smoothie the next day to keep it from spoiling.
Tofu and Unsweetened Chocolate Salad With Apples, Strawberries and Walnuts
Unsweetened dark chocolate adds a nice touch to salads made with sweet apple slices, whole strawberries and chopped walnuts. These healthy fruits contain many nutritional benefits you can use.
Walnuts contain beneficial oils and fats that improve the condition of your skin and hair. A number of people use walnut oil to cook their meals, but you can simply eat regular walnuts to receive the same benefits. Strawberries and apples contain malic acid, which whitens and brightens your teeth. If you have stains on your teeth and want to improve their appearance, be sure to consume one apple and a handful of strawberries a day.
To make your salad even healthier, add sliced tofu to it. Tofu is packed with protein, omega-3 fats and many other nutrients that strengthen your muscle and heart. If you plan to lift weights or jog in the near future, tofu is something you want to add to your diet.
To enjoy your salad, follow these steps:
- Dry one container of tofu with paper towels for 20 minutes. Simply cover a plate with four paper towels, then place the tofu over them.
- Cut the dried tofu into cubes, then place the cubes into a hot skillet coated with walnut oil or coconut oil.
- Stir and cook the tofu cubes until they develop a soft brown color, then remove the cubes from the skillet.
- Slice one large red or green apple into bite-sized pieces.
- Dice 10 walnuts into small pieces.
- Place the ingredients into a large salad bowl, then use salad tongs to mix them together.
- Top the salad with 10 whole strawberries and several pieces of chocolate.
You can add vinaigrette salad dressing for flavor, or you can eat the salad without a dressing.
You can eat your dark chocolate and stay healthy with the right recipes. If you need more chocolate for your recipes, don't forget to order a box from your supplier (like Abdallah Candies And Gifts).